Did you know ...
Minimally invasive surgical options provide a better patient experience through a number of benefits:
- Significantly less pain
- Less blood loss
- Fewer complications
- Less scarring Faster return to normal daily activities
Urology is a Surgical Specialty
Urology is the surgical specialty concerned with correcting abnormalities of the genitourinary system in both men and women. A urologist may use medical treatment or resort to surgery to correct these abnormalities. Surgery is often necessary to remove a genitourinary organ affected by cancer. Dr. Lesani has a special interest in treating men and women with cancers of the kidney as well as men with prostate cancer.
He adheres to the philosophy that
It is not the cancer you remove from the patient but rather it is the patient you preserve from cancer.
Dr. Alex Lesani
The First urologist in Southern Nevada ...
Dr. Alex Lesani is the first urologist in Southern Nevada with fellowship training and experience in laparoscopy and robotic surgery. He has over 8 years of experience in robotic/laparoscopic surgery and has performed over 1000 procedures . Dr. Lesani believes if the patients are made aware of modern, less invasive options, which offer superior results and lead to earlier recovery compared to traditional surgery, the patients would prefer these options. Take time and explore this web site and understand your treatment options. And remember, before you undergo urologic surgery, ask your doctor if he or she is board-certified, has completed fellowship training, how many years of experience does he or she has and finally how many procedure have they performed. Afterall, it is YOUR health.
- Editorial Board
- Prevalence and Characteristics of Urinary Incontinence in a Treatment-Seeking Male Prospective Cohort – Results from the LURN Study
- Feasibility and Safety of Ultrasonography Guidance and Flank Position During Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy
- Gender-specific differences in disease-free, cancer-specific and overall survival after radical cystectomy for bladder cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis
- Impact of Androgen Deprivation Therapy on Self-reported Cognitive Function in Men with Prostate Cancer